November 11, 2012

Calypso

I could gulp the gush
of the waterfall or 
I could tame 
A roaring lion with a glance
I would silence a wild elephant
With a blink of my eye
I would raise my hand
And silence howling wolves
I could shadow the Sun
And eclipse away the moon..

I'd hold the clouds in my palm, 

and tame
any wave that uses to rise
I'll weave the wind
In my plait, and
Clench the earth under my feet
I can collect the stars
In the twinkle of my eye
And colour the aurora with my moods..
I could match every grain of sand
With a different snowflake

And every speck of dust

With a ray of light
You all live in me, just as

I live in each one of you
You breathe me in, for
I'm in the air..
I'm the smile in your tears

And the courage in your fears

Search me out and search me in

And yet find me nowhere
See me, follow me..
Hear me, lose me..
Please me or tease me,
You'll only appease me..
Touch me not, for I'm not tangible..


But you're smarter, man...

You touch me through your words
You touch me through your deeds
And you bind me to you,
With so much love..

The one thing I can't tame.

No comments: