February 1, 2008

The Last Meet

The white spotless crescent
in the starred night
Was charming the present
exiling darkness with light
I walked the way
tottering aimlessly in wait
And my friend arrived
I felt so great !
I felt no fear with him
for me the world was fading
Senses were nearly trim
we continued cascading
We were meeting the last,
if only destiny could make us meet
Time was melting fast
and we said each word sweet
No tear came
we wished the other
Would last see the smile same
and no tear would bother
So many things unsaid
had to be left
We didnt say them
and time finally swept
And then that day,
I understood what a friend was !
And come what mayI
'll never forget him even if in front of me, death was!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice poem ojas
indeed it is very beautiful!!!!!!!

Ojas said...

Thank you Saurabh..
It's genuine, and straight form the heart.

_Priya Raj_ said...

nice poem. very sweetly conveyed emotions...

:)

Ojas said...

Thanks Priya.. :)

And sad, but it's a true incident !

surabhi gujar said...

wonderful...u r an awsum poet....

Ojas said...

thanks surabhi :)

Unknown said...

very nice...jst loved it