October 22, 2011

To Life..!

You surround me
As you always will.

You'll tease me when I groan
And you'll applaud me at times.

You'll see my raging anger
Behind my flawlessly calm face
And my turbulent tears
Behind the cheeriest of my smiles.

You'll also see my faith in you
When you yourself strike me.

You'll laugh as you trouble me
Yet you'll respect me as
I strike them troubles aside.

You'll be charmed in my pious white
Yet you'll paint me black and smirk.

You will love me each time
I love you more.

You shall help me even when
I'm too proud to take your help.

You give me the red cloth
And you're the mad charging bull
Yet you'll be honoured as I face you
And take you by the horns.

You maternal smile
when I stay stubborn as a child,
And your humble bow to my acts
which you yourself have taught me.

You steal my hungry stomach's morsel
And you salt my wounds.

You surround me with friends
and cheat me as you take them all away.

You teach me to love
And you love it when I lose it..
Yet you make me fall in love
again and again and again...

What are you exactly,
I know not.

You drive me with a mad ambition
To master you.
Yet you humble me down to my knees.

You'll act as such to make me angry at you
You'll even make me hate you

But you've yourself taught me
To love you in a million ways

For you it is who makes me
And you alone is what's truly mine !

No comments: