May 30, 2011

Leaving it behind

I'd once smiled to see yours

I'd once laughed to get back your laughter

There were times when you

Really meant a lot to me

I spoke and dressed and even was

Just the way you'd want me

I was that innocent something

Who did stuff only so that you'd smile

But you called me shrewd,

Said I was mean and purposeful and selfish

I never chose to have any defence

Because I was too stupid to

Recognise that it's going wrong

First came the true honest smiles from you

Then came those secrets

That never were told to me

Then came the judgement

practically casting me away

By the way you acted

Yet hurting me more by saying

"Ojas you've a problem with us

Hence you act and make us look

As if we cast you away"

But that you did, didnt you?

For then came the veiled insults

And then all the mud slinging

I'd thought you were classy

But you dug things far and deep

You dug and slung..

And dug and slung..

Until I was ashamed to see you

Sling so much mud on anyone

I never thought that's something you'd do

To anyone.. anyone at all..

I chose to call it crossroads

Till our roads crossed again

You crashed with the news and I knew

I just had to be there

For you..

The others that dug for you, against me

Didn't even dare to approach you that day without me

That was their silent acceptance to the fact

that 'we' was something that mattered..

None but one of them was there

The next morning

I can't even forget your hug and tears then

I hence thought

Of burying the mud again

But you still wanted to sting

You and your venomous origin

Lash out and show that you don't deserve

Whatever I still extended over to you

I called it crossroads when finally

You text me asking to identify myself

You hurt me worse and like never before

I call it crossroads again

And yet today our roads cross

I'm only praying I'd be wrong of you..

For now you look at me and act as if you didn't

Now even your fake smile has fallen

As have you, in my eyes..

I really so wish to leave you

Leave you and all behind

But once and more I've loved you

Of you, these cheat memories do remind

That infinitesimal part still holds the bind,

All those things I so trusted blind..

I must just leave you..

You and all behind...

No comments: