November 28, 2008

A bid with my Bed

I sat on my bed,
The very bed
that had been such a good friend of mine
For I, like a good friend too, confided
All that in my heart lay
My bed cuddled me off
Into a warm sleep like each day
And thought as I
And dreamt as I
Only one man blocked the way
That many people normally share
They talk, they walk, they ware
And like flowing water
They go out of my dreams
The man who came this day
Had just been a part of that earlier flow
But sooner and sooner
Apart the flow he became steady
More than a river
More than that flow
With his progress slow
He built a dam on that river
Constricting
The flow of water
The flow of people
And there he stood as if he were
The ruler of my mind
He came to me, caressed me
With an arm around, he kissed me
And with a start I woke
Not knowing right or wrong
And my bed-my friend said
It's not wrong I feel,
Said my trusty wise bed.
May be, my dear.. no more can I
Cuddle you how did I
The man in your dreams
I feel, is better than I.
And I lived the illusion,
I lived that dream.
And then was my sleep disturbed…
Nothing factually existed..
It was just a mask…
Which neither could guess nor know
And sufferer is I,
Who dreamt and dreamt,
And never realized
That dreams and reality
Are totally different !
I now wake up
I now understand
It’s my loyal bed that’s invaluable
And not the other way round !

No comments: