November 1, 2019

Over

I am here
And mentally there
Half a world away

Eternally cursed 
Shamefully nursing 
A home
So far away

A coin toss each time
Detoxifying
Discovering 

Where was that bit of me? 
The one I gave you? 
Where's that whole of me? 
The one that you kept? 
Where's that nothing of you? 
The one I crushed behind? 

I am both confused and not
I am both moving on and not

I both want you and don't
I am both yours and not

You made me yours and not
You gave me yourself and not

I'm forgetting you
While holding on to you
A frozen fire remains.. 
A tinder in the Arctic.. 

Forever on the edge
Forever stuck
Between

In the land of nowhere 
In the land of everything

Closing fences
Of an infinite love
Choosing thorns
In a garden of roses

This temporary permanence
And these endless limits

Broken, unbroken dreams
Shaken, unshaken lives

Here you are baby
And there I am
Blinded stares and silent screams

Let it be over
Forever and never

No comments: