June 29, 2012

The Prince

Let him be that smile,
that brings one on my face
Let him be the companion,
that's with me place to place


Let him be the boy,
who troubles me no end
Let him be that man,
who will always be my friend


Let him be with calibre,
that I can totally trust
Let him also bend down,
if he circumstantially must


Let him fight with me,
let him make me cry
Let him get angry at me,
let him make me try


Let him smile quietly,
when I'm being crazy
Let him look into my eyes,
and find the world hazy


Let him give me a hand,
when I can't go on
Let him ask for mine,
and we'll prod on


Let him make me walk from inside,
on every street, road and alley
Let him be my hitch-hiker,
and we'll wander all hill and valley


Let him teach me,
when I think I'm on top
Let him trust me most,
when I depress enough to stop


Let him trust me,
and I'll never break it
Let him look into my eyes,
and have faith we'll make it


Let him not be ideal,
For no man might be so
Let him be real,
Sometimes my pain, sometimes my glow


Let him apparently be,
in the wind and the skies
Let him surely be,
the twinkle in my eyes

No comments: